(5   2    9)


Immigration Attorneys You Can Trust

EdamLaw PLLC.

Family Petitions

Family Petitions

Work Visas

Work Visas



Political Asylum

Political Asylum

Business Visas

Business Visas



Edmar Amaya founder of Edam Law PLLC
At Edam Law, our mission is to ensure that clients get the best immigration representation possible in the United States legal system. Our practice was founded in 2009 on principles of honesty, ethics, and exceptional client service. We have successfully represented hundreds of individuals throughout the country in processing work visas, travel documents, and marriage petitions.
Our work also helps companies remain compliant when hiring workers outside the state or country. We practice in state and federal courts in Florida and employ lawyers registered as members of the U.S. Federal Circuit, the U.S. Patent Bar, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Southern District Court of Florida. We speak English, Spanish, Portuguese and Swedish, which enables us to work internationally with families and employers facing difficult immigration issues.



What immigration opportunities are available?

The immigration options available to a given person depend on what type of connections that person has to the United States. Other temporary visas exist for tourists and investors or business professionals.


How do I get started?

The best way to begin your case is to call our office to set up a consultation at (305)800-4529 or e-mail info@edamlaw.com


How can I immigrate to the United States on a permanent basis?

Generally speaking, a person can immigrate to the U.S. through: a qualifying family member, a U.S. employer, asylum or refugee status, by making a qualifying investment, or winning the Diversity Visa Program.


How long does it typically take to get a green card?

There are numerous ways to get a green card, yet the timeline for each pathway is different. Application for permanent residence (Form I-485) can take anywhere from 8 to 33 months to process.


How do I become a U.S. citizen?

To become U.S. citizens, foreigners must first become permanent residents. Legal permanent residents can apply for U.S. citizenship after five years of being green card holders or after three years if married to a U.S. citizen.


What is a “Green Card”?

The term “green card” or “green card holder” is interchangeable with permanent resident or a legal permanent resident card holder. Permanent residents are allowed to remain in the United States, & work and live for many years.


My visa has expired, what can I do?

If your visa has expired, contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney from our firm.


What is the difference between naturalization and citizenship?

Citizenship is granted by birth, either from being born on U.S. soil or by being born to parents who are U.S. citizens. Naturalization is nationality acquired after birth.

Our blog

Contact Info

Working hours

( Eastern Time )
  • Mon. to Fri.
    9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EST)
  • Sat & Sun. (Closed)

Find us!


The information, media, and content provided on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor is intended to substitute as legal advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

The content contained in this website is provided only as general information, which may or may not reflect the most current legal developments. This website occasionally contains links to other web pages. The inclusion of such links, however, does not constitute referrals or endorsements of the linked entities. Edam Law specifically disclaims any responsibility for positions taken by users in their individual cases or for any misunderstanding on the part of users of this website or any linked websites.